2 cups of rolled oats
1/2 cup of cried chopped dates
1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup of chia seeds
1/2 cup of coconut oil
1/4 cup of honey
1/4 cup of dark chocolate drops (optional)
THE "HOW" BIT
(IT'S SUPER EASY)
1) Pre heat your oven to 160 degrees.
2) Throw all of your dry ingredients in together and mix them up.
3) Add in your coconut oil and mix this in, followed by the honey.
4) Mix well and add to an oven tin covered in baking parchment.
5) Roast for 10 minutes, or until crispy and golden.
6) For chocolate fiends - sprinkle dark chocolate drops in to the granola mix once it has cooled completely. (These compliment any berries that you might serve with your granola)
For those who aren't cursed with a sweet tooth, you might want to reduce the amount of honey or choose a different dried fruit (dates are super sweet - mmm!) as this collective of ingredients can be a bit too much for those who aren't big on sweet treats.
This will never replace my love of the dried banana and strawberry granola from my local health food shop, but it's a very easy alternative and made enough for two weeks of daily servings!