So the first cold of 2013 has finally bitten the dust, it would be time to celebrate but unfortunately i’m dealing with the post cold aftermath that is my face. If I didn’t have the makeup and skincare knowledge I’ve gained over the past two years I probably would have had a little cry at the sight of my face: dull skin, dry cracking skin (especially around the nose) and just generally lacking a little in the wow factor. Not to worry though, for me there are 6 items that have been helping to combat the zombie look i’m currently sporting…
01. Hydraluron – Why is this number one? Rewind a few months and i’d be asking myself the same thing, but I’ve been using this on a regular basis, at least once a day, since Christmas, and at first I never really felt like I could see any benefits. But now I find that my skin stays moisturised and feels healthier for much longer if I’m using this consistently. If the situations really bad e.g. nursing cold and flu bad, it will go on twice a day, but for every other day, I just smooth it over my skin in the morning after cleansing.
02. Origins Drink Up Intensive – For super healthy plump looking skin, there’s no better mask than this – in the summer this is a no go-er but in the depths of winter when your skin needs something to add life and moisture – this will do it. I apply this last in my night time routine, about 15 minutes before bed to let it soak in a little (save it all rubbing off on my pillow!). I also take it to work with me if my skin is really dry, and pop a tiny amount over those pesky dry areas that can form around my nose.
03. YSL Touche Eclat Foundation – When I first purchased this, it just about got a thumbs up from me, I liked it, but was it my holy grail? No. However this was when the months were milder and I wasn’t a sick little bunny, and now I need dewy and I need glowing. And voila! It makes my skin look so much more youthful and dewy, and steers me away from looking like an illustration from The Zombie Survival Guide.
04. Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer – I’m branching out into the world of concealers in 2013, or that was the goal I set myself anyway. The Rimmel Concealer works perfectly alongside the YSL foundation, reminding me slightly of the Origins Plantscription Concealer ever so slightly due to it’s more natural and uncakey finish. Beaut!
05. Ren Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask – using this on a normal day when my skin is generally happy would be generally pointless. For some reason I’ve only really seen the benefits of this mask when my skin is seriously dull. Over the past few weeks this has definitely had the chance to work its magic and it has helped to make my skin look a little brighter which is great as it means I’m not having to rely on (and apply less) makeup.
Rimmel Blush in Santa Rose – This is a beautiful natural blush which I pop on to bring some life back to my cheeks. It’s lovely and natural, so I don’t look too made up. Just normal and healthy!
Now I look healthy on the outside, it’s definitely time to give the inside some TLC… Pass me the vitamins and a plate of veggies please!