Reasons I love my friend Chloe:
1) She’s the kind of girl you can talk question time with and then move on to your love of the Naked palettes in the next sentence.
2) She loves my dog almost as much as I do
3) She’s a fellow black ensemble enthusiast
4) She does a Mark Francis impersonation better than anyone else I know – partially because she is just that well spoken
5) She shares my love of cutting through the BS.
6) Not only is she outstandingly clever, witty and charming, she’s also one of the most kind hearted women I know.
7) She did a year abroad and pretends she’s never mentioned it. She has. Several times already this morning, actually.
I wish there were more people in the world like this girl.
Why am I telling you this? I can’t be 100% sure on that. Maybe because The Sunday Post’s aren’t just all about where I ate (Bread and Milk, incase you’re wondering), but should sometimes be about the wonderful people who make a mark on your life. It might not have as much relevance to you as a side dish at Jamie’s Italian, but it means something to me, and this is a lifestyle post after all.
We meet for lunch at least once a week, she fills me in on office life and reminds me of what day it is and I update her on the growth of my cactai (I joke, I do more on a daily basis than just water my plants, I swear).
She’s leaving me for America soon. And whilst I will miss our tales being told face to face. I take some comfort in the fact that I know we’ll both enjoy skyping each other and not having to change out of our pyjamas.